Groups and tours
Our knowledgeable volunteer guides will help you unearth the stories of Tasmania’s maritime past and present, bringing to life the stories behind the many fascinating objects housed around the Museum and about our spectacular vessels.
A range of tours are on offer to suit all ages, interests and amount of time you have free to explore. However, tours are subject to availability so make sure to check what's available when you arrive at the Museum so you don’t miss out.
Groups requiring a guided tour of the Museum should ideally be limited to about 20 people due to space constraints within the galleries, but larger groups can be accommodated by splitting the group up.
The Museum is wheelchair accessible, and coach parking is available on Argyle Street.
- Tours are usually around an hour in duration
- No charge for group leader on the day, groups are discounted depending on the number of visitors
- Payment can be by cash, cheque, credit card, eftpos or invoice
- Space limits in the galleries may require groups larger than 20 to be split into two
- Coach parking is normally available outside the Museum on Argyle Street
Group leaders are welcome to visit the Museum in advance, free-of-charge, to help plan their visit.